Students & Scholarships
Every successful healthcare professional takes an important step early on in their career paths. This step is making a commitment to being involved with local, regional and national healthcare associations. Why is this important and what are the benefits?
- Enhance your knowledge by staying up to date with healthcare changes and innovations.
- Recognition as a committed professional to healthcare, HIM, and HIS.
- Develop connections and professional networks with peers and other professionals including potential employers.
- Exposure to opportunities to improve current skills and gain other skills that can be used in your future career.
- Exposure to other areas of the field you may have not known about prior to your involvement.
- Lastly but most importantly, the ability to make a difference in the profession and in healthcare.
Why get involved with HIMSS Kansas Chapter specifically?
HIMSS Kansas Chapter is an excellent resource for both students and early career professionals! As a member of HIMSS Kansas Chapter, you have access to other HIS professionals across Kansas, educational offerings, career opportunities, and HIS professional networking opportunities. One of the most exciting involvement opportunities with HIMSS Kansas Chapter is their annual Spring Conference. HIMSS Kansas Chapter has decided to offer a limited number of scholarships to students who are interested in attending the Spring Conference in Wichita. Attending this conference gives you the opportunity to learn more about HIS/HIM, gain important skills, and make contacts for your professional network.